Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

sandking

I have been asked to make a pen for my dad's boss and would like to use a nice kit. I was looking at Craft Supply USA and thing the Jr. Statesman, Jr. Gentlemen and Havana pens look really nice. Would you recommend them?

Where do you all get your kits? Is there a better place than Craft Supply?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I agree with everyone else about the Jr. Statesman. You can only get CSUSA kits from CSUSA. If you want Berea kits, Arizona Silhouette and Beartooth Woods are the two suppliers I use. People who use PSI kits like to get them from Woodturningz or Pens of Color.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Ron is doing a Bulk Buy on these kits over on Penturners, http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3761&PN=1&TPN=1
I believe it's closes Thursday, Nov 9.

sandking

Originally posted by Monty
<br />Ron is doing a Bulk Buy on these kits over on Penturners, http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3761&PN=1&TPN=1

Sorry but I'm new to this. Has anyone ever done a bulk buy before, is it worth it?

Dario

Several of us did and yes it is worth it (20%-25% savings [^])... especially if you are just a participant and buying a lot. The one running it will have to be careful, else it can get "messy." [;)]

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by sandking
<br />
Originally posted by Monty
<br />Ron is doing a Bulk Buy on these kits over on Penturners, http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3761&PN=1&TPN=1

Sorry but I'm new to this. Has anyone ever done a bulk buy before, is it worth it?
I't definitly worth it even if your are only buying one or two pens. When everyone goes together, and the order totals at least 100 pens (in this instance) the savings is between 20-25% off the single pen price.
The way this works is, the person doing the buy gives payment info and deadline for ordering the kits. You post or email your order to them and send them your money. Usually with in a day of the buy closing, the order is placed with the company. The company then ships the order to the person running the buy. When they receive the order, it is seperated into the individual orders and shipped out to you.
You have have to worry about sending your money to the person running the buy, wondering if they are trustworthy. I've participated in and even run a few my self and everyone is on the up and up. I know of no problemd from past buys.

Dario

We normally don't allow someone we don't know to run a group buy (because of the money involved).

It is not a regular thing...catch it when you can. There was a couple here too lately so I am guessing it will be a while before another comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom