Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldentouch

I am new to pen turning. I had purchased 10 kits last year but didn't turn any until this week. I had also got another 40 kits from PSI and when I started putting some of the kits together I found the center band was bigger on some of the kits. These are all suppose to be 7MM kits. I even pulled the bigger bands off and put on a new one and they fit. Is this something to be expeced or was this just an exception.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Eddie, were all the kits slimlines, or did you happen to get other kinds of kits, like the European? If they were all slimlines, then they sent you the wrong bands. Make sure you read the labels on the kits.

wayneis

Are all of the kits from the same Company. You didn't say where you purchased the first ten kits. There are differences between Companies so if you purchased the first from say Craft Supply USA or Berea and the last from PSI then the size difference is to be expected. The bushing for all of these kits are only a guild line. You need to get some calipers, thats the only way to get a good clean fit between wood and kit part.

Welcome aboard,

Wayne

Wayne

goldentouch

All the kits were slimlines. I think I got the first 10 kits from Hut but can't remember that was last year and they set in a box until this week. The other 40 came from PSI. The bands were packaged in the same bag. They were from PSI. I checked 3 different bands out of the 40 so far were oversize. The center hole was the same but the bands were bigger. The bottom piece was also bigger but the top piece was the same as all the rest. I wondered if they got something crossed in these 3 kits when they packaged them from the factory.

Gregory Huey

The center band is what I mike that I will finsh turn the blank to not the bushing. I have gotten pen kits that the center bands will very in size up .006 thousands. If you are talking like big band little band give PSI a call they should straighten it out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom