pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hobo

Hi there, try vince at www.theturnersworkshop.co.uk, axminster or just look on ebay where you will find a multitude of vendors offering a broad spectrum of kits of various quality. One of my favorites however is David at www.timberbits.com , he is in australia but his kits are well priced even when you take into account the $5.00 flat rate postage.

Dave

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Alex and welcome to IAP.

Don't always look for the cheapest stuff unless you aren't easily dissapointed.

In my opinion Craft Supplies ( UK ) are the cheapest but you get what you pay for and the vast majority of what they sell is poor 24K plated stuff.
Next is Axminster and Rutlands. Both are ok and Axminster has the better range of the two. Turners Retreat has the best UK range but their prices are a bit silly. If you need something quick, then all are ok if money isn't an issue.

Timberbits in Oz is a great supplier and shipping isn't too bad. You won't get stung by import tax and duty unless your order is over £38 and then it's only sometimes. Well worth taking the chance and my vendor of choice. Far better than any USA vendor ( for shipping ) and the prices mostly make up for the rare occassion that the taxman and customs may want a cut.

Craft supplies USA is a great vendor but for some daft reason they ship in very large boxes that attracts the taxman. (unless they have recently changed ) then they also have an antiquated check out where you have to wait for them to email you a shipping cost ( normally next day ) before they confirm the order.

Another great vendor is Lau Lau Woodworks from Hawaii
Especially good on long click pens and their shipping is always very good. Probably as their stuff may not have to go through the USA shipping machine.

There are other vendors in UK but they are simply resellers and their prices are just stupid.

I believe a bunch of UK guys were thinking of starting a new UK chapter in the hopes that Group Buys would help. Search the forum for further details.:biggrin:

Have fun:biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
C'mon Alex....don't be tight and humiliate the Brits!! Sometimes times you have to pay, sometimes not. :rolleyes:
It doesn't matter where you buy from. It's not the vendor that decides, but UK customs.
We might not like paying the extra charges but it's how things work and the tax man does need the money too.:wink: I don't mind paying every now and then. :biggrin:
What I don't like is our vendors tripling the prices and blaming the tax man who really only adds around 10% or so, every now and then. :wink:

Top Bottom