Pen Kit Refills/Cartridges

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TJR123

Last week I had 2 pens one a Bolt Action and the other a Designer Twist that started to skip when the user was writing with the pens. Both were PSI kits. While the ink is in "Parker Style" refills I was wondering if anyone actually discards the cartridges that come with the kits and install actual Parker refills.

TR:rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The refill Dennis is referring to is the Schmidt or Private Reserve 9000. It writes much more smoothly than other "Parker-style" refills.

crabcreekind

I put EZ flow 9000 refills in all my parker style pens. It helps alot to sell them. Exotics has a pretty good price on them if you buy 10 or so. Also, richard greenwald sells them for a decent price too. I also know a bunch of the other vendors have them but I havent checked their prices.

Kretzky

Does anyone know if there is a similar 'quality' refill available for other "non-Parker style" pens.
David

76winger

I've been using the Schmidt P900 cartridges, which is a bit more like the standard cartridges that come with the kits in the way they write, only more reliable. The Private Reserve cartridges are certainly a lot smoother writing, more like a rollerball in how they feel.

PenMan1

I always toss the stock refills. They have been a source of aggrivation for years. I just figure in $2 to my cost, and put in good ink to begin with!

NOTHING is moe embarrassing than trying to sell a $100 pen that SKIPS!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I always toss the stock refills. They have been a source of aggrivation for years. I just figure in $2 to my cost, and put in good ink to begin with!

NOTHING is moe embarrassing than trying to sell a $100 pen that SKIPS!
WHERE is your sense of ADVENTURE????

We did it for nearly a decade before the gel refills were available for Parker!!

plano_harry

Ed, is it worth it to "upgrade" the Cross refills. I have been trying to convince myself, but the upgrades feel about the same to me. I tried a (one) customer comparison and she liked the kit refill :confused:

"Cross" experience from others welcome too.

Harry

Does anyone know if there is a similar 'quality' refill available for other "non-Parker style" pens.
David

If you find one, let me know.

We have looked for 2 years and I don't have a comparable "cross" version.

mdburn_em

Last week I had 2 pens one a Bolt Action and the other a Designer Twist that started to skip when the user was writing with the pens. Both were PSI kits. While the ink is in "Parker Style" refills I was wondering if anyone actually discards the cartridges that come with the kits and install actual Parker refills.

TR:rolleyes:

Yes.
I have purchased Parker and replaced them. I have since found replacements that I think are better than the Parker's.
I never sell a pen with the stock cartridge.
It is MY reputation on the line. I will not trust that to the cheapest refill the kit manufacturers can find.

Top Bottom