Pen kit problems.....parker click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

I had a lady who liked my Fatline pens but insisted on a parker insert and wanted it this week. So while I was at Woodcraft picking up a couple of pen cases that I forgot to order from BB that I needed for Valentines day I decided to browse. I found a click pen with a parker insert. This would be perfect. She wanted a smallish pen and I know the parker twists seem a little larger. I bought two (one for my personal use), bought a drill bit and the bushings. Total cost about $22. After turning, sanding, and finishing I put the kit together per their info sheet. Click....great...click...great...click........STUCK:(. Fiddle, fiddle, click, stuck, click, great, click ,stuck.:( I fiddled and fiddled. I switched to the gel and back to the BP insert. So I quickly turned the cocobolo blank ( I must say I did a fine job) and put the second pen together. IDENTICAL!!!
I am fed up with this kit. I am going back next week and I think I will ask for a refund on both kits and the bushings. This was terrible.[V]
Is there a good small pen with the parker insert!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jwoodwright

I bought some from CS USA, they sent new click mech. I'm stuck with like 8 kits... They're a pain, the two I sold came back, I bought them because some people like a one-handed pen, click it with their thumb...[:I]

G

I make them "modified" to get a larger Dia.
I have used 3 different types go far,
The Power point from PSI(Good Kit easy to modify but the large nib can be over whelming)Absolutey no problems with the mechanism.
Button click From the company that starts with "B"
The mechanism has been quirky when new.
What I have done when it jams is to unscrew it and screw it back together and "snap" it while clicking it.
It's kind of hard to explain.
Instead of pusing straight down,I kind of slide my thumb off the side of it so the "plunger" pops up.
While driving from S.C. to Rochester to pick up my daughter at Christmas,I would pass the time driving listening to XM and Snapping the mechanism to see if I could get it to fail.
No problems.
Same experience with a PSI "clicker"
I have found that the jam is temporary and only when first put in use.
The reason I woun't use the "B" companys' any more is their choice of an odd ball size tube that requires and "R" bit.
I try to stick with kits that have standard size tubes.
The Clunky outrageous laminated pen in my album is a PSI power point modified
clunkyoutrageous%20pen%20003.jpg

Brent

I've made several of the click style and had a two of them having a small burr on the the spring that goes on the cartridge. after removing the burr they seemed to work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom