Pen kit plating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stephen

PSI claims all their 24k Gold platings are guaranteed for life. I understand they are epoxy coated and thus durable. All other makers of 24k Gold kits do not mention any guarantees. So with these vendors it appears TN Gold is the way to go. My experience with non PSI 24k has been poor - they lose the gold with regular use.
Thanks
Stephen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StuartCovey

I don't use a PSI gold finished pen on a regular basis, but based upon my experience with them they do deem to be pretty durable.
They will still scratch like any finish but I have never seen one actually have the finish worn away.

Wildman

Berea & Craft Supplies still have plating durability/wear ability charts at their web sites. Durability & wear ability have been discussed right here forever.

Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods

Pens and Platings - Craft Supplies USA - Craft Supplies USA

Consensus here has always been 10K, 24K, & upgrade gold not the most durable platings. Pretty much what those charts tell you.

Think the only thing vendors will do for you are exchange or refund purchase if they make a mistake, parts missing, or quality not what you expected. Each vendor handles problems differently. That is why you insect kits when you get them and be attempting to make them. If there is any problem with your order notify the vendor immediately. After the pen kit is made not sure they will do much for you.

Having said that, seen here where if enough people complain about problems with kit components vendors trying to solve those problems. Cannot remember kit names but think enough folks here brought component problems to attention of Berea & Craft Supplies who in turn went back to manufacturer or provided a work around to get problem solved.

Top Bottom