Pen kit identity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IowaBob

I have a kit that I don't know what it is. Can anybody identify it. 20150204_163659.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IowaBob

Dan
I did not try the 10mm. I just drilled a sample hole in a piece of wood and the tube fit, so I thought it was 25.64.
I contacted the vender I thought I came from,but he said it was not his.

Dan Masshardt

wyone

Hmmm does it matter what it is? It looks like you have enough pieces to make it work. I agree the big spring does not seem right. But you can measure and use a cigar, or whatever bushing comes closest, or turn between centers. I am sure whatever you turn will look awesome!

magpens

Damn! I was hoping to answer this question. But that guy Dan gets his fingers in every pie !!!!!!:biggrin:

It would help if you removed the hardware pieces from their little baggies and posted another pic.

Yeah, I think it's a cigar. You could measure the lengths of the tubes in order to be a bit more certain. Cigar tubes are 1.91" and 2.09" long.

Attached is a useful reference file. It is a bit out of date but the cigar hasn't changed.

Attachments

• bushings and tubes.pdf
    200.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Cigar uses a 25-64, OR a 10 mm, depending on whose instructions you read.

The tubes are usually the same OD.

(Again I am not thrilled that we call tubes by the size of the hole---very imprecise!!!)

magpens

Yep, it's a cigar. I can tell by the "flat" washer-like thing on the transmission piece (left side of pic) and by the look of the clip (upper right corner of pic)

Fish30114

I agree with Ed on the hole sizes! That kit looks to have most of the parts for a cigar pen, but seems as if it's missing the transmission adapter piece--the part that presses into the top of the lower (nib end) barrel, and that spring goes with something else for sure. I would pull up a instructions page from one of the vendors, and you can compare what parts you have.

Dan Masshardt

I agree with Ed on the hole sizes! That kit looks to have most of the parts for a cigar pen, but seems as if it's missing the transmission adapter piece--the part that presses into the top of the lower (nib end) barrel, and that spring goes with something else for sure. I would pull up a instructions page from one of the vendors, and you can compare what parts you have.
. The piece is attached to the tranny in his pic.

Top Bottom