Pen Kit # Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

B727phixer

Awhile back I bought some pen kits from somebody here they were advertised as "JR Gents". However after drilling my 10.5mm holes I discovered the brass is to small in diameter.
I checked Craftsupply usa and the part numbers are there format but the search was no help.
If you would please help me identify this number so I can figure out the right drill bits and bushings I would really appreciate it.:redface:Thanks inadvance!:biggrin:
050-4520 JR Gent fountain
050-4510 JR Gent Rollerball

mrcook4570

They might be the original Jr gents (version 1). If so, use a 15/32" drill for the cap and 25/64" drill for the barrel. You can use cap bushings from a baron. One busing from the barrel of the baron will work, but the other end of the Jr Gent will need to be turned smaller than the other baron bushing.

its_virgil

Those appear to be the original version I jr gents which have not been sold in a couple of years now...or longer. I remember the post and they were identified as the old style if I remember correctly. Maybe the seller will let you have the bushings for them. The tubes are different sizes than the tubes on the newer VII jrs. I think I have a set of bushings that I could loan you so you can get them made. I may also have the instructions to help you with drill bit sizes. Let me know what you want to do...maybe someone close to you can help out also.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PS: I had forgotten about the VI's tubes being the same as the baron. Using baron bushings and as noted above and calipers for the smaller barrel end should work.

Awhile back I bought some pen kits from somebody here they were advertised as "JR Gents". However after drilling my 10.5mm holes I discovered the brass is to small in diameter.
I checked Craftsupply usa and the part numbers are there format but the search was no help.
If you would please help me identify this number so I can figure out the right drill bits and bushings I would really appreciate it.:redface:Thanks inadvance!:biggrin:
050-4520 JR Gent fountain
050-4510 JR Gent Rollerball

Last edited:

KenV

Barrell tube for the Baron (as I remember) is the same as the sierrra but I cannot find my notes on the turned sizes for the Jr Gent 1

Top Bottom