pen kit creativity (need pen parts)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbower

Several weeks ago, I order the teacher's pen for my daughter who was graduating. (She's now graduated. Yeah!)

I thought the pen might look a bit better if it was a bit fatter. So I combined some bushings and made the center of the pen a bit fatter than the normal slimline size.

But then I realized that I had made a mistake. I was ok with the thicker wood but the two rings that were supplied with the kit were based on the slimline size. So to make the pen look right, I had to steal the ring from two soft-grip/comfort grip pens I still had.

Here's the question: I still like the look of the thicker teachers pen. So where do I buy the individual parts for pens so I can get the rings I need to make the kit work as a bit thicker? I don't know where to get individual parts.

TIA

Michael

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

I'm not sure they are available individually, but you could make them out of Aliminum or Brass or contrasting woods for that matter.

Take a look at the penworks and gallery pages on my web site and you'll see some examples of pens without centerbands or with centerbands that I make of other matterial.

MobilMan

I have seen individual pen parts at Woodcraft. Don't know if they've got what you need. I've never noticed then listed in the catalog but have seen them in the store. Give them a call.

sbell111

Rizheng sells those in packs of five. Obviously, you wouldn't want to pay for shipping just a few center rings, but perhaps you could piggyback on someone else's order.

Top Bottom