Is this pen kit any good

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

I've made several and love em. I can't remember if it is .7 or .5 though. They are quite easy to make and good for people who need a pencil and pen.

wicook

One point to remember, though, is that this kit is extremely sensitive to barrel length. You really can't cut away any of the brass...or you will destroy the mechanism when you try to get the tips to extend... DAMHIKT. [:(]

TAld

Only made three of them. Sold two and keep one for myself so I could give it the acid test. So far, so good. The other two were sold to my friend who is a school teacher and hers are still doing great. By the way the instructions do not say what size refill (.5 or .7mm) to use. If need be I will measure mine and post.

Firefyter-emt

.5mm lead in all these kits. Big pet peeve of mine, in fact I told CSUSA about this last summer. Once again, they have yet to update their catalouge to state the proper pencil size. (who would of thought it, eh?) [}:)]

Oh yea, the pen is a piece of garbarge too. The kit feels like something bought at a 7-11 and mine broke after about a week of use. Nice idea, but the pen kit was so poor that you could feel the play and "flex" the pen in the middle due to it. Stick with the Cigar or Gent series for pencils. (but honest, the slimline is not really too bad for what it is)

If you want some bushings, I have some you can have [:(!]

Randy_

Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />.....0.5mm lead in all these kits. Big pet peeve of mine, in fact I told CSUSA about this last summer. Once again, they have yet to update their catalouge to state the proper pencil size. (who would of thought it, eh?) [}:)]

Catalog is OK. It is the web site that has the wrong information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom