PEN IDENTIFICATION

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Being a relative newcomer here, this may have already been asked and answered. Has anyone come up with a discrete (unseen) way to identify a pen as made by you?

It just goes to show that wherever you go, there you are.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

I would like to think that most if not all of us can tell a pen we had made. There is always some little nuiance about every one of them..... keep in mind I have made less than 100 pens and most were given away.

glycerine

I write my name on the tubes before I glue them in :biggrin:...
Just kidding. I personally do not mark them in any way, but I have seen other who say they will put an identifying mark just under the clip or something like that. There's a number of things that you could do, maybe painting a certain color inside the tubes or inside some of the pen parts, engraving somewhere on the pen if you have access to an engraver (or laser)...

wood-of-1kind

You can 'mark' your pens on the underside of the pen clip. A Sharpie marker works well. A friend on mine does this by placing a very distinct 'serial' number under the clip and thereby can identify his pens at a later point in time. Keeps the registration number with a log that highlights when the pen was made, style, refill info. etc.

jcm71

You can 'mark' your pens on the underside of the pen clip. A Sharpie marker works well. A friend on mine does this by placing a very distinct 'serial' number under the clip and thereby can identify his pens at a later point in time. Keeps the registration number with a log that highlights when the pen was made, style, refill info. etc.

Great idea. I'll try it out. Thanks for the tip.

JimB

I keep a spreadsheet with all my pens listed. It tells me what kit and where it came from as well as type of wood. I also list who i sold it to as well as some other information. I also keep pictures of all my pens.

I really just do this for myself not becuase i think I will ever need it for any significant reason.

its_virgil

Just wondering it the mark is unseen, then no one will see it. If no one sees it then no one will know who made the pen so why bother to mark it? Just my feeble wonderings?
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Being a relative newcomer here, this may have already been asked and answered. Has anyone come up with a discrete (unseen) way to identify a pen as made by you?

It just goes to show that wherever you go, there you are.

PenMan1

You can mark the bottom side of the clip with a "glo" marker. If you can't tell if you made it or not, just stick it under a black light. If it glows in "your color", you made it.

Top Bottom