Pen in the Hat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceD

After corresponding with another IAP member (Cav.)and getting the OK from Jeff we have decided it's time for another official Pen in the Hat function. The last one done was in the latter part of 2006 and was run by Angela B. (Angboy) and she's done a great job of running it.

This is open to any member of the IAP. The way this works, you would post on this thread if you would like to participate and after the deadline I will randomly draw names and match you to a partner. I will then list all of the matches on this thread. Then when the matches are made it's your responsibility to contact the person who you were matched with, make them their pen then send it to them. You can make any type of pen you'd like or that you feel comfortable making. Everyone is invited to participate whether you've made 10 pens or hundreds.

Please don't sign up if you don't plan on following through with your obligation to your partner. I know that things can happen unexpectedly and if something does come up please keep your partner and myself updated on your situation.

The closing date is going to be on June 30th which will give you two weeks to sign up. I'll post all of the matchups the next day on the this thread then you can get started on making your pen. The deadline for getting your pen to your partner would be Aug. 1st. That'll give you a full month to get your pen done and in the hands of your partner.

I think this is going to be a lot of fun for everyone who participates.

Lance

With Lance's permission, I am editing this post to list those who wish to participate. If I skip anyone, please PM me.

LanceD, BigShed, Wdcav1952, GoodTurns, Smoky10, Gad5264, Brokenbit, Rdunn12, Modelmaker, Jim15, Bitshird, Rudy Vey, Tea Clipper, Lostinthewoods, Avbill, Bobskio2003, Jdoug5170, Tweetfiap, Vantoo, Bear-31, ESwindell, Follow3, Ed4copies, Johnstout, BobBurt, Gerryr,
Hilltopper46, Desertyellow, RonSchmitt, Sawdustier, Mick, BruceK, Badger, DocStram, Idb2000, Les-smith, Warreng8170, Airrat, MarkGum, Theturningcircle, Curlymaplefan, 1080wayne, Hastur, Larry armour, Egerm, Oklahoman, Navi1uni, shawn394, Leehljp, edman2, louie, ctwxlvr, bmac, visexp, monty, livertrans, cigarman, RussFairfield, oldwrangler, brez, kirkfranks, buzz, winpooh498, grumps, bhenr99, tmhawk, broitblat, brobbins629, great12b4ever, jeff-in-indiana, leap, snowman56, bobaltig, mitchm, markhix, dntrost, dkf, skiprat, keithkarl2007, fritz64, PR Princess, writerev, potolemy, kmab, brentk, darley, onewaywood, celt40, nick, csue, stolicky, jaydevin, jarheaded, babyblues, turkey-slayer, jssmith, rinehardj, barrierbob, rochester, doddman70, angboy, clthayer, draconias, pensbydesign, ronhampton, firefyter-emt, sparhawk, mdwine, jeffj13, rjwolfe3, awolfe, fyrcaptn, jerryconn, jab1, n4631x, gagler, scoutharps, turningnut, jthompson1995, jeeperjohn, mikeinmo, woodlvy, bananajeep, dickhob, dmiller, scribblesticks, altaciii, dsallee, madwood, fstepanski, ozzy, lwalden, eskimo, ehickey, jwalt191, greenmtnguy, spitfire, redfishsc, captg, leather man, carverken, scotty, tomater, ilikewood, nancylaird, richw, superdave, wickford, stoneman, donwae, stevers, elliott, sbell111, jdmeyers4, maxwell smart007, Skewedup, new-pens, cowjelly, dkarcher, hehndc, wolftat, the benz, 1JaredSchmidt, TBone, gcurran, ones, louisbry, hosspen, arjudy, ken69912001, laurie sullivan, bruce119, Mike in Nanaimo, its Virgil, ozmandus, dee, oobak, jbpaul, Roy Quast, alphageek.

Updated 9:30 PM 30 June

Folks, I just went through 18 pages of posts with multiple posts by Ed4Copies. Please be gentle if I made any mistakes!! [:eek:)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Fred, it is open to all members of the forum. Keep your hat, we need a pen from you!! :D:D

Lance, sign me up for the exchange.

Guys and gals, I have been nervous about participating in these exchanges in the past. I wasn't sure my work was good enough to give to another pen turner. That isn't the point. These exchanges are about sharing. It doesn't matter how long you have been turning, or what kind of finish you use. Sign up for the exchange and let's have some summer fun!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
When will the matches be made, please.

I have some time during the Summer, but once the shows start, I don't want to just "crank out a pen" for this.

LanceD

Originally posted by ed4copies

When will the matches be made, please.

I have some time during the Summer, but once the shows start, I don't want to just "crank out a pen" for this.

Matches will be made on July 1st and you'll have the whole month to get it done.

RonSchmitt

I'm in.
The last one I was in taught me a lot. Got to make a new friend, saw how a CA finish SHOULD look,(still working on getting mine right[B)]) learned that taking a little more time on the finish IS worth the effort, AND got an awsome pen that is now my daily carry pen. (Thanks Doc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom