Pen Display cases

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am looking for a pen display/transport case. So far I have looked at the 26 pen leather case on PSI website but the reviews do not appear to be good for CA pens. I also looked at the 48 pen aluminum case on Woodcraft. I need something in the size range of 20-40ish pens. I do pens from comfort to cigar. Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Take a look at Gems on Display.com. They sell trays with latch lids and the inserts will hold 10 pens each. I put two inserts in each tray. They are a lot less expensive than PSI or Woodcraft. They work well for me doing shows and have held up well from my situation.

Quality Pen

Lots of stores sell those 10 slot jewelry trays with the flocking. They can work, but it would be nicer to have them make more slots because a pen isn't very wide.

Fish30114

I went with a large rolling case from Gems on Display, it holds around 30 or 40 trays, I simply use the 10 slot trays, the slots are a little big, but I bought the foam protective inserts and put one of them on top of my pens once I have loaded the trays with the pens. This helps keep them from shifting about, and makes transporting them around at a show MUCH easier.

Hope this helped--Don

turncrazy43

Not sure of the exact location on the Gems on Display web site the inserts are located but as I recall they were about .98 each in either white or black. They have space for 10 pens in each and I use 2 in each 2" Box. They are way less expensive than the 32 pen leatherette pen cases at Woodcraft. I use the 2" boxes fro displays on my tables at shows and stack an insert in each half of the box. Has worked great for me.

dtswebb

If you go to the Gems on Display website, click on the Trays and Liners icon. I use the 221-BK insert for displaying pens. For transport, I use the 96-10 (BK) liner inverted on top of the pens to keep them in place. I also use the trays with the clear display lids and the trays with the snap lids for carrying refills, supplies, pouches. Everything slides right into the large aluminum travel case that is also sold on the website.

Kragax

I have a store that wants to sell my pens, but is an unusual physical layout with a lot of things just setting out. I am concerned about theft. It is in a vacation area with a lot of traffic. I'm sure I would get sales but may lose some as well. Any suggestions on displaying pens but keeping them secure at the same time. The open stands from PSI wont cut it.

Skie_M

I'm thinking about running down to Harbor Freight Tools and buying one of their Aluminum Tool Case thingies ... My plan would be to remove the foam from the bottom to split it heightwise, and glue it back down to the bottom, giving me 2 trays in bottom, and the foam in the lid ...

Next up is my dremel tool to cut custom slots (with finger holes for easy grabbing/insertion) for showcasing my pens.

I haven't gotten one yet, but it's my plan, anyways.... The size of one of these cases is about half the size of a business suitcase, I think... Probably suitable for displaying 16 - 24 pens per tray.

epigolucky

You could consider the "kaizen" foam from rockler to fit your cases- it'll let you cut out custom sizes out of the foam to fit your needs.

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Take a look at Gems on Display.com. They sell trays with latch lids and the inserts will hold 10 pens each. I put two inserts in each tray. They are a lot less expensive than PSI or Woodcraft. They work well for me doing shows and have held up well from my situation.

Top Bottom