Pen Disassembly Set - Suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sigge

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for a pen diassembly set. Would they work for any pens? Like the Jr statesman for example?

Cant really understand how it will work to be honest. I mean for example on the cap on a gent. How the **** are you going to get in a punch which is used in this one for example.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...n_Disassembly_Punch_Set___pen_dis_punch?Args=

Regards
Johan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Of course, being in Europe, I don't know if Harbor Freight is an option.

Skiprat can probably give you a good, "Continental" answer.

Bobalu

Johan, I doubt that you have a Harbor Freight in Malta, but I'm sure you have supply houses that cater to machinists. These are commonly called transfer punches, though pen kit suppliers have renamed them as disassembly tools. Chances are you'll find the punches sold in your part of the world will be metric. Shouldn't make a difference, and might even be more adventagious.

OKLAHOMAN

Well, if I wasn't blind in one eye and can't see out of the other I would have seen your in Malta. Harbor Freights transfer punch set might be an option if it fits in one of our small flat rate boxes, of course that would increase the cost considerably. Next time I go to H/F I would be happy to pick one up and ship to you...Let me know

bgibb42

+ 1 on those punches. I actually found them on sale a while back at a Harbor Freight store near me and picked up two sets for about $6 each. I use one for disassembling pens and the other to grind up into pin chucks. They were cheap, so why not?

Eryck927

I have one simular to the one you are showing from the woodturners catalog. Best investment I have made. Mine dosen't have the point on one end they are just flat.

sigge

Thanks everyone for the comments and thanks Roy for the offer. I will check around here in Malta to see if I find anything that I can use.

Seems like a good idea to be bale to reuse the kits on broken pens, old pens etc.

Bree

My HF transfer punch set has paid for itself several times over. If you plan to use it only for pens you can grind off the sharp point and flatten it. Or you can just take a hardwood blank cutoff and drill a hole say halfway and put that over the transfer point so you dont damage it when you are rap-a-tap tapping.
:wink::wink::wink:

Daniel

Since you need to reinvent the wheel due to your location. you might try to find a source of drill rod as well. a good selection of rods in 6 inch lengths would most likely do the same job. I have read comments here that some people are using drill bits as well. I have done that in the past but decided it was better economy to buy the punch set than hammer away at my drill bits.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for a pen diassembly set. Would they work for any pens? Like the Jr statesman for example?

Cant really understand how it will work to be honest. I mean for example on the cap on a gent. How the **** are you going to get in a punch which is used in this one for example.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/s...n_Disassembly_Punch_Set___pen_dis_punch?Args=

Regards
Johan
Craft Supplies and www.woodturnerscatalog.com are the same.

Top Bottom