Pen Desk Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodpenman

I have a customer who wants a pen with some kind of stand/display for their desk, with their name engraved on it.

No problem with the pen or the engraving. I have a laser.

Any ideas for a stand design???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bradh

Lots of options here. There a re funnels, and fittings from several suppliers. Some people have made fittings out of tube or even just drilled holes in a block of wood or other material.
Here are a couple I turned:

200712913638_26+stand-2b-rs.jpg
<br />
20071291376_26-stand3-rs.jpg
<br />
Brad Harding

Woodpenman

They are thinking more along the lines of a name engraved or inlayed that is about 6 inches wide by maybe 1 inch tall.

So some type of larger stand / display.

They mentioned the triangular marble desk name tags that are about 8 inches wide and 1.5 tall except with some type of pen holder in the design. They do not necessarily want marble but used that as an idea and starting point.

The pen would be a Baron.

DocStram

I always admired Fangar's rare earth magnet pen holder. Remember seeing it? It's the one where he has the beautiful burled block for the stand, with a REM just below the top surface .... then, the matching pen has a REM in the bottom. Very cool!

Fangar

Thanks Doc. That was a fun one to make. It now belongs to my friend. Wood-of-1kind (Peter C.). Here are some photos if anyone missed it:

2007129164346_magnetic2.jpg

200712916441_magnetic3.jpg

2007129164422_magnetic4.jpg

Cheers,

Fangar

pete00

Originally posted by Woodpenman
<br />I have a customer who wants a pen with some kind of stand/display for their desk, with their name engraved on it.

No problem with the pen or the engraving. I have a laser.

Any ideas for a stand design???

At the top of the page is a search button, i just searched for
"desk set" to see what came up.... and a whole bunch came up. TAke a look lots of goodies there.

pete

Woodpenman

I like the last one. I have some thick black walnut that I will consider doing something like that. Maybe inlay the persons name on a slight sloping front with a light colored wood.

Thanks for all the ideas.

If I make something I like. I will post a picture.

wood-of-1kind

Here's an idea for a pen stand that I just came up with. Still need to finish it off. I tried to convey a windowed curtain being draped back to display the pen. All four sides have the same window pattern. Hope that it inspires the imagination.
-Peter-
20071301518_P1290003.jpg
<br />

Woodpenman

Thanks for all the ideas. The customer wanted marble so this is an 8x2x2 triangular marble name plaque on a piece of Brazillian Cherry.

I am sure they will love it. It is not finished yet. Still need some finish work on the wood stand.

Pen shown is a Jr Statesman but they have not decided on that either.

200721205533_sandybpenstand.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom