Pen design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JustInside

I am looking for a good book for my young son with different pen design ideas, can anyone recommend one?

He has been turning pens since he was 10 and is now 12, he has turned well over 150 pens, most in the last 10 months, but he wants to try other designs to keep it fun.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeffj13

Paul,

I am not familiar with a book that would meet your needs, however, I would suggest that a more worthwhile (and cheaper)plan would be to peruse the gallery here and at other penmaking sites. There are likely hundreds of different designs to mimic or enhance.

Also, remind him that pen design includes both the design of the blank (segmentation comes to mind) as well as the shape of the pen.

jeff

Paul in OKC

One of Dick Sing's books has a couple of different ideas. One pen is made with dowels of different wood used, or was it tagua nuts, anyway the pen ended up with 'dots' int he barrel.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Barry Gross' last book was good (of course, the more recent, the more ideas they have "borrowed" from here and other sites).

I would agree you can learn more from pics here, but it's hard to give that as a "present".

Top Bottom