Pen decal question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kmetzger

I read John Austin's excellent article on making decals for pens and downloaded paint.net. But my computer skills are very limited and I don't trust myself to create a decal that will fit on my pens. Question: does anyone know of a way to outsource this job? Kinkos?

Attachments

• ASPAN0003.gif
    ASPAN0003.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hanau

Need to measure the distance around your blank and the length.
the in paint put this dimensions in the top of page. Think it is x and y and need to uncheck the box that lock box so it let you input both dimensions. (at work and on my phone so I can't recall exactly what it is called.)

Then copy it into word and print. I usually print it off UT on paper then cut it out and test fit and readjust if needed.

Im at work so u can't get to paint and the pdf to look at it. Ben awhile since I did one.

kmetzger

Clarification

I'll try to clarify what I'm trying to do. I created an image in paint.net for printing waterslide decals about 3/4" long and 3/8" wide. I haven't got the Testors decal paper yet and don't know whether they provide instructions on how to size the image for printing. I imported the image of the Spanish flag and added text. Because my computer skills are very limited, I can imagine not being able to print decals to the dimensions I need for the pens.
So, I'd like to know if anyone knows if there is a printing service for this kind of thing.

mikedealer

think i got ya. i can generate and send you a pdf of the image, it will print out the proper size then.
since the image you have is on the small side, it wont print well, or i should say could be better. if you get me the font name, i can generate a new one with same layout, ready for printing. takes like 30 seconds

wob50

This is one of many reasons i like this site one's willing ro help someone else on there project even if they do not know each other Thanks for a great site with great people on it
Robert

mikedealer

i worked them out in photoshop, they are gonna print very small. made the image 300dpi so it will print as sharp as possible. If these look good, let me know if you need any other sizes and i can whip it out quick, ill upload a PDF here to dropbox or something for you to download and print.

I would test on a sheet of plain paper first as with anything new to make sure sizing is spot on.

Let me know if you want anymore sizes, and if you want me to stagger/mirror them all onto one pdf, liked 15 of each size on one laid out sheet of paper, or whatever ya need

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 190

kmetzger

Decals

That's fantastic, Mike. Now if I could just figure out how to download them. I right-clicked the image and then save image as and saved it to my pictures. When I printed I got huge images with blurry text.

Last edited:

mikedealer

Sorry I gotta send ya the pdf sorry, that was just to show dimensions. I'll post it here when I get to work tomorrow morning. Sorry about that

mikedealer

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-qPDkpAi_uUOG0xc3lKZS1VXzA/view?usp=sharing

download this pdf file, i shared it on my google drive. This is formatted for 8.5x11 printing. It should be sharper now when you print it, or as sharp as it can get i should say unless we increase font size a little. let me me know if it needs adjusting. This is the FINAL pdf though that should be printed.. test it on a normal page of paper first to check the look of it.
thanks
Mike

kmetzger

Thanks, Mike. It looks very good. I now see that the font size could be a bit larger, and I really don't need so much space to the right of the text.

Top Bottom