A pen that could kill...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Not saying that's what I want to use it for, but is it possible to you very fine crafstman to make a pen "clip" that is actually a small vial holding a slim amount of Rattlesnake venom in liquid form?:biggrin: And if so, will the venom always be liquid? Can you make it air-tight?

An idea for a super-snake pen I am making, clearly for show. I don't want venom to get loose and kill everyone that uses it!

Anyway, if you can make this, I shall await a PM. :wink:

If you want to know my pen idea, PM me and I'll show you a diagram, no stealing my ideas!

Dan Turner.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
With some imagination, you could make an acrylic "see through" clip, then drill a small hole to act as a vial.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Just use cat urine and tell them its snake venom. IF they doubt you dare them to drink it.:eek::eek::eek:

Couldn't help myself. This was an idea and a day of paint. :tongue:

Opinions? :biggrin:

Attachments

• Rattlesnake Pen.png
    Rattlesnake Pen.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 211

Alexanderpens

Not exactly what you'd call an expert in the field, but in my experience it dried up (being a water based toxin.) It's basically a modified saliva. It's still incredibly toxic in powdered form however, and many have died from a so called "medicine" made from rattler fangs. Damhikt, but I've had (and still have) some pretty bizzare hobbies other than turning.

Grizz

Banned
Well, as you probably already know. Any pen can be used to kill someone. Just depends upon the user and his knowledge. :rolleyes:

Daniel

It is no doubt possible to keep a liquid a liquid inside of a vial. just look at a liquid level for example. the liquid is not often water thought for freezing reasons. Not at all certain how venom would rate on that score. I also believe that the vial has a vacuum inside it but not certain. You may want to start with how those level vials are made or something like that for ideas. I am not sure your clip shape is very doable. maybe a small long thin tube that attaches to the clip though.

as for adding poison to your pen. That sort of bring up a lot of liability type thinking. For me I jsut don't think I would go there.

Rick P

Use a labrotory pippete and seal the ends with a bunson burner the way you would any smae sized liquid sample. That leeaves you with a 1-2 inch sealed glass pipe. Use a wire frame clip and fix the sample in place with glue and wound silver. It would saty liquid a very long time.

Top Bottom