Pen comparisons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ric5

Has anyone done a finished pen pictural comparison to show size and pen differences? I saw some on Timberbits and I thought it would be a great help for new Penturners.

Also I noticed that many vendors of the same pens go by different names. Is there a list of pens that are the same, and use the same tubes and bushings?
I find it sometimes very confusing.
Thanks for any help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Look in the library. There is a pen kit comparison chart in the General Reference section. It is a bit dated but should get you in the ballpark to get started.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Has anyone done a finished pen pictural comparison to show size and pen differences? I saw some on Timberbits and I thought it would be a great help for new Penturners.

Also I noticed that many vendors of the same pens go by different names. Is there a list of pens that are the same, and use the same tubes and bushings?
I find it sometimes very confusing.
Thanks for any help!
Tall order - PSI alone has dozens of different kits.

jttheclockman

This question has been asked and answered not too long ago and basically the answer is start saving your money and and then go to each company and purchase one of each kit and turn it and then take photos and measurements and then start a catalog or spread sheet.:):)

This is an impossible task. If you do a search here you will find someone posted some photos in the other person's rerquest but it did not nearly touch the surface. Way too many pen kits. Get a catalog from each company and scan them and then choose from there. Everyone's taste is different. Good luck in your quest.:)

Again another Newbie so welcome to the site.

Last edited:

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
We started doing this years ago at someone's request (I don't remember who). We took pictures of finished pens sitting on 1/4" grid paper. One shot for each twist-style pen, two for capped pens(closed and open).

I still have all the photos I took if anyone wants to try to resurrect the project. Just shoot me an email or pm and I'll forward them next week.

Gk

Top Bottom