Pen Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suggy

Hi

I am trying to personalise my pens by using my own style of pen clips, a family emblem for example.

Appreciate any comments or pointers.

Also pondered with the idea of a CNC lathe! Is that a very expensive option?

Thanks in advance

Based in Scotland

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mwechtal

Suggy,
Here is a place that sells small turnkey CNC lathes and mills.
Sherline
I think the second link on the page has prices. The lathes are near the bottom of the page.

Note that they sell 2 basic lathes, one has a 8" between centers limit, and the other has a 17" between centers limit. There's a minimal difference between the prices, so I would go with the larger lathe if I were doing this. Unfortunately when I bought the manual lathe, they didn't have the longer bed. I can get an adjustable length pen mandrel into it, but it's a bit of a pain.

Mike

btboone

Suggy,
A mill with a rotary axis added is the way to do that engraving. I have a mill just like the one pictured in Mike's link that I engrave rings with. Their pricing looks to be as good as any I've seen.

kghinsr

Suggy,
Hi, I do cnc machining as well as engraving. the equipment I use is sherline with flashcut software ( www.flashcutcnc.com ) pricing is available from them on the web site. you will also need a some style of cad that will save the design as a DXF file to import into the flashcut program. GOOD LUCK ( i do like my machines lathe and mill)
ken
slippery rock, pa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom