Pen Caps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

After you install the tranny and you go to put the top part of the pen on ( I am talking slimlines) and everything goes together well. You go to turn the top to expose the ink refill and it comes out as expected. Now if you continue to twist the cap it will continue to spin in the tube. Is this normal???? There is a slight stop position but you can continue to turn the cap. Go to retract and everything is well but you can again continue to turn the cap. If this is normal is there a potential problem down the road of the tube stripping out. ????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Sounds like the transmission is slipping in the tube. It's only a compression fitting and if you apply enough pressure I suppose the tranny will slip. I've seen posts where turners say they put a drop of glue in to prevent the transmission slippage.. I don't and have had little problems with it... another fix might be a very very slight crimp on the transmission end that goes into the tube... not enough to bend it where it won't fit the tube, but enough to oval it slightly and tighten the fit. I don't use glue because I would fear getting glue in the transmission and prevent it from turning altogether.

MobilMan

Sounds to me that the glue in the upper tube has turned loose, & spinning inside. I used an Acrylic European for 3 yrs because of that. Laying here on the desk--got a new favorite.

jttheclockman

Tubes were soldered in so the tube is not spinning. Made another one and this tranny was a bit tighter so it may have been the tranny itself. Will see how the others go.

Top Bottom