Pen Boxes???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jlmort1980

Ok, I bought a couple of the Maple Narrow Single boxes that PSI offers to go with a couple Christmas presents. However, my pen kits are Gatsby pen kits and when I put them in there they dont fit and the lid doesnt close all the way.

Does anyone know of any similar boxes that the Gatsby pen kits fit in? I really like the look and simplicity of these boxes (price doesnt hurt either). So I guess I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Polarys425

In comparing a Designer pen to a Sierra/Wall Street II (same as Gatsby), it looks like the Wide Single Maple gift box will work. However in looking at the picture of the Narrow box, it looks like it should fit as well.

Can you post a pic of the pen in the box that you have? I'm curious how the pen looks in the box in relation to PSI's picture.

jlmort1980

In comparing a Designer pen to a Sierra/Wall Street II (same as Gatsby), it looks like the Wide Single Maple gift box will work. However in looking at the picture of the Narrow box, it looks like it should fit as well.

Can you post a pic of the pen in the box that you have? I'm curious how the pen looks in the box in relation to PSI's picture.

I will hopefully be able to post a picture later today. The pen almost fits but the box does not close all the way. The clip gets in the way. The pen is to big around to fit in these boxes.

hdtran

If you look at the online catalog, and hit the 'specs' button on the individual box, it will tell you if it fits a standard diameter pen (read: slimline, euro, or similar, without excessive beads, coves, etc.) or a larger diameter pen.

I do wish that PSI would list the actual diameter of the slot (0.375", 0.50", etc.), as opposed to 'small, standard, large.'

The 'oversize' rosewood box will fit most pens, but probably not the largest pens (Majestics, Broadwells, etc.)

The multipurpose box will fit any pen. It comes with a foam insert that you can trim.

I've had your problem, with trying to squeeze a fat designer into a standard maple or rosewood box. My solution was to use sandpaper and elbow grease to widen the slot.

Regards,

hdtran

Polarys425

I will hopefully be able to post a picture later today. The pen almost fits but the box does not close all the way. The clip gets in the way. The pen is to big around to fit in these boxes.

If its only the clip, couldn't you use a small chisel, or even a gouge to carve a little slot for the clip to fit?

Top Bottom