Pen Boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
I am currently trying to determine what type of boxes I should use to sell with my pens. I have tried a few from WoodPenPro (http://www.woodpenpro.com/pen_boxes/0117_pen_box_blk_card.html) and they are OK. However, I think I would like to go with something a little classier. :cool:

I have tried to look at Monty's site to see the boxes that he sells, but I am having issues trying to see an enlarged version of them :confused:. I am particularly interested in what the box insert looks like. If anyone would be willing to take a picture of one of these boxes showing the insert, cover, and sleeve it would be most appreciated!

I am open to any other suggestions as well. Pictures and/or links would be great.

Many Thanks in advance!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Mike,

Give Ed a buzz.. I'm pretty sure he uses Monty's boxes. I bet if you get in touch with him, you could swing by and see what they're like in person.

Then the trick is walking out w/o purchasing a bunch of Dawns stuff :)

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
For what its worth, when I started selling pens, I incluided one of those nice wood boxes with the barrel hinges and a routed slot for the pen. They were about $2.50 at the time. Then I started noticing that almost half of the buyers threw the box away in the nearest trash can and put the pen in their pocket or purse. I started offering them a choice of a felt sleeve or the black cardboard box. Half wanted the box, half wanted the sleeve, and I no longer worried about what they did with them.

nava1uni

I use velvet bags in several colors and people really like them. I also use velvet bags for stoppers, secret compartments. They are nice to look at, feel nice in the hand and people are surprised to get them.

WoodenDragon

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks for all the suggestions! Monty was kind enough to offer to send me one of his boxes. So hopefully I'll be able to see them for myself in a few days. Thanks Monty!!

I'm still open to any and all suggestions. I want to get as many options as possible to choose from...

John Eberly

Monty's cardboard pen boxes have black velvet flocking and an elastic loop to hold the pen. They are a great value, and they really set off the pen.

I have just ordered some of the metal boxes so I don't know just how they are, but I'm expecting a very satisfactory product.

Monty shipped my first order right away. It was really well packed - I don't think you'll be dissatisfied at all.

I am now testing out Monty's cardboard boxes, so far, I really like them. I also ordered a few metal boxes and while they are nice, I couldn't close the lid with a Jr. Gent in the box, so I will have to find another option for higher priced pens.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I am now testing out Monty's cardboard boxes, so far, I really like them. I also ordered a few metal boxes and while they are nice, I couldn't close the lid with a Jr. Gent in the box, so I will have to find another option for higher priced pens.
To put the larger pens in the metal boxes, remove the insert and either fold the flaps up or cut them off do the insert sets flat on the bottom of the box.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I use velvet bags in several colors and people really like them. I also use velvet bags for stoppers, secret compartments. They are nice to look at, feel nice in the hand and people are surprised to get them.
It is funny how something as small as a bag can make the difference in a sale sometimes. I give one with every pen that I sell and have even had customers offer to buy them.

Top Bottom