Pen boxes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Catalogues show pen gift boxes which are wood with a groove down each side and small hinges. I thought of making them on my router table- maybe start one end with a small Forschner bit and then putting it over the router bit and moving it along the fence to a stop. Anyone done this before? Thought this would make a real nice presentation for a pen.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Is it just me or did I anyone else grit their teeth watching him use that table saw?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The hand on the wood? Maybe I'll forward the operator a post from a billiard website where a cue maker lost few fingers.

dogcatcher

There is a guy, Dan Morrison, that goes by DM Pipes that makes smoking pipes, he also make a box for them. It is jointed, and has a handmade sleeve cover. I believe he said that in batches he can make a box every 8 minutes, never saw what the sleeve time was, my guess is less than 15, so less than 30 minutes per box

They are some of the nicest presentation boxes I have seen that are handmade. His instructions on how he made them, did the sleeve and dyed the sleeves are on either his website or his Facebook page.

These boxes are not for the average penmaker that deals in Slimlines and other bottom end pens and pencils. Think high dollar, $$$ and add a few extra $'s for the custom presentation box.

Top Bottom