Pen Box Inserts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pianomanpj

I was recently having a conversation with another member regarding pen boxes and custom inserts, and it got me to thinking about how sometimes the commercial inserts aren't quite the perfect fit that I would like, and that some folks must make their own.

So who among you craft their own inserts? Are there any tutorials or videos I could find somewhere? Any tips you would like to share? Thanks, all! :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Quality Pen

Great question!

I've seen an amazing custom box and that jazz but it was done with a CNC...

But I recently saw online someone making a box with flocking and it just looked so classy and custom. I'm thinking about trying it out sometime...

wob50

The flocking sounds great I have seen them on that u tube site. Not that hard just lots of ventilation and filters on fans but it came out great"

Quality Pen

The flocking sounds great I have seen them on that u tube site. Not that hard just lots of ventilation and filters on fans but it came out great"
It seemed like a good idea for a personal project, but I read that it does not really provide much protection/padding.

So it didn't seem like it would be good for boxes unless it was a real special item. Not something you'd throw in a bag for a customer to walk around with. But what do I know... I've never done it!

pianomanpj

I would suppose that flocking on wood would not be the way to go. I would propose flocking on a custom-cut neoprene insert. Many people have access to laser cutters and may be able to cut there own once they develop the appropriate cut file.

As an aside, there are so many pen styles available nowadays that we usually end up just having to use the "best fit" approach at selecting an insert. Wouldn't it be grand if there were inserts available for all the pen styles we use? And if they were custom cut, we could get them for any box available, including custom boxes. Not to mention in different colors. This could be a good opportunity for some of our entrepreneurial types. Are there any vendors listening? :wink:

Top Bottom