Pen blank with a Dove??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DRAT

Folks,

I posted a question last week about a wood pen with a dove embedded in the blank. Only received two responses, so I'm guessing this is not a big seller.

OK, so how about a cast pen with a dove, are they easier to find?

Thanks,

DRAT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Hi, do you know an artist that uses acrylics. If you want something really special, get them to paint the dove onto the blank after it has been turned, then coat with several layers of CA. That way it can be that special piece that holds sentiment or of some significance. My partner painted one with a Koala holding its baby on a piece of rose pruning and a Red Kangaroo on some Light Mallee Burl. No decal lines or anything.
Kryn

JasonM

Jeff Powell with Materscroller Artworks (on exoticblanks) does some terrific inlay work. I don't see doves on his pages currently, but the inventory is always changing. He has a number of animal designs. I bet he could do a very cool take on the design.

....and now I'll stop promising work from other people.......

LagniappeRob

Jeff Powell with Materscroller Artworks (on exoticblanks) does some terrific inlay work. I don't see doves on his pages currently, but the inventory is always changing. He has a number of animal designs. I bet he could do a very cool take on the design.

The link I posted from Exotic's is one of Jeff's.

JasonM

The link I posted from Exotic's is one of Jeff's.

Then we're both right! =)

Bill Sampson

Patty Sole can paint a dove on a pen tube, cast in clear acrylic, and it will make a beautiful pen. It will also be an original piece of art.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Top Bottom