pen for banksia pod blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ump416542

I recently purchased some banksia pod pen blanks and my first pen was a 3/8 tube. I had a problem on one end as the blank is very thin on the end, with a 3/8 tube. Could anyone recommend a pen worthy of this blank with a smaller tube/thicker end.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I recently purchased some banksia pod pen blanks and my first pen was a 3/8 tube. I had a problem on one end as the blank is very thin on the end, with a 3/8 tube. Could anyone recommend a pen worthy of this blank with a smaller tube/thicker end.

I would suggest using the largest pen kit you can buy. One with a finished diameter of 9/16ths, 11/16ths, or 3/4 inch would do justice to this blank. another suggesion would be to make a double closed end pen any size that you want. Last would be to go kitless and have no limits. Here are two pens I have made using these pods. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0006 (800x305).jpg
    DSCF0006 (800x305).jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCF0001 (2) (800x562).jpg
    DSCF0001 (2) (800x562).jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 214

robutacion

I would suggest using the largest pen kit you can buy. One with a finished diameter of 9/16ths, 11/16ths, or 3/4 inch would do justice to this blank. another suggesion would be to make a double closed end pen any size that you want. Last would be to go kitless and have no limits. Here are two pens I have made using these pods. Jim S

Your suggestions are fair, my friend...!

I'm sorry to butt in but, could you point me in the right direction to the post you made for the first pen, in your pics attachments...???

I can't recall to have seen it before or realised that, you went into a more difficult style of pen, particularly with these blanks. I always claimed that, these blanks will allow any style of pen to be made from them however, attempting a full kitless, would require some great experience and careful handling, on yours, I can't see if is a full kitless or you have the threads as part of a pen kit, reason why I'm interested in have a better look at that pen...!

Cheers
George

plantman

George: I just posted it tonight. You may have to go back aways in todays posts. No one has commented on it so far so that it hasn't reappeared on recent posts. ( kitless australian banksia pod) Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom