Pen assembly Techniques

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsdoby

I am basically using clamps to currently assemble my pens. Any suggestions. I tried to put a pencil together and had some problems.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

I used to use my drill press and it worked just fine; but I got tired of changing out drill bits and resetting the table so I built a press of my own. Found some used DeStaCo clamps on eBay for 4 bucks apiece and built a press very much like the ones sold in the pen catalogs for $40!!!

Skye

I've just been using one of these:

46807.gif

Just be sure to center the pen parts up with the pads. Not the best thing, but has worked fine for me so far.

wood-of-1kind

Hey, Randy

how about posting a pic of your pen press? Curious to see how you ended up with your final assembly. Don't be bashful, ante up and show us your stuff.

-Peter-

Johnathan

I use my pen press I bought from Woodcraft. I also placed thin felt on it so that my pens would not be scratched. It works pretty good, going slow is the best bet. I cracked some pr I made because I was in too big of a hurry.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Hey, Randy

how about posting a pic of your pen press? Curious to see how you ended up with your final assembly. Don't be bashful, ante up and show us your stuff.

-Peter-

Good idea, Peter. I use my drill press vise, and would like something a bit better. Randy, pictures, please.

Randy_

Hmmmmm?? I posted a reply to this thread from my email notification; but obviously it didn't make it through the electronic Internet maze??? Anyway, I borrowed my neighbors camera a while ago and took some pictures of the prototype. They are stored on my computer somewhere. I'll look for them and post them tomorrow if I can find them.

Randy_

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Randy,

you have us on pins and needles. Patiently, waiting...

-Peter-[:)]

Hey Peter: While you are waiting, why don't you practice your typing? Didn't you mean to say ".....pens and needles....?" [:D][:D]

Rather than posting here, I am going to start a new thread. I found the pictures and am trying to figure out the picture protocol here at IAP. Every site works differently and this one seems to be a little more complicated than the ones I'm used to so give me a little more time and I'll get the pics up for those of you who are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom