Pen Assembly Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crokett

I also asked this on PSI's website.

the pen kit is the slimline pro click pit - PKPENXXCH

intstructions are here:
https://www.pennstateind.com/library/PK-PENXX_ins.pdf

The diagram makes it seem like the 3-part mechanism is inserted into the upper end of the upper barrel. However the instructions appear to be to insert the mechanism into the lower end of the upper barrel, since you hare supposed to use the lower barrel to push the mechanism further into the upper barrel. I followed the directions but it seemed like the mechanism was too far into the uppper barrel for the button to reach it. I'm hoping someone has assembled this pen knows what the correct sequence is.

• Insert the 3 part plastic mechanism (follow diagram) narrow diameter of the sleeve in first (threaded stub
pointing upward) push in until flush with the edge. Slide the lower barrel with the center band longer
extension into the upper barrel pushing the mechanism sleeve further inside. Continue by pressing the
remaining extension inside.

KCW

I have made a few of this style, and to be honest, I don't think it matters which end you put the click mechanism in, it will end up in the same place. If you can't screw the plunger on, because it won't reach, try putting your refill in to push the threaded piece of the mechanism back to it's proper location.

magpens

I assemble the 5 pieces listed:
1) front mechanism
2) back mechanism
3) sleeve
4) mechanism spring
5) plunger (screw on)

and then I carefully slide all that in from the top end. It's quite a tight fit

If you notice, the instructions are 14 years old !

When pressing in the clip/plungerguide assembly you have to be careful to not exert pressure on the plunger (I unscrew it before pressing)

You can also slide in the 1..5 assembly from the other end as the instructions say (I like to have the plunger in place when I do that).

After final assembly the 1..5 assembly is held in place by the refill (from the bottom) and the plungerguide (from the top).

Last edited:

crokett

I figured it out and got the pen assembled, but the new problem is the tip of the cartridge doesn't stick out far enough from the nib. It works, it just doesn't look good. The only solution I've got right now is take the pen apart and shorten the lower barrel a bit. Looking at the design of the click mechanism I'm not sure its possible to adjust it further down in the upper barrel. the refill I am using is the one that came with the kit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom