Pen Advice Needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

E77

Hello, Pen Tuners forum

In the next coming weeks, it's my mother birthday and I am looking into getting her a special pen and I am hoping I funded the right place to get pointed in the right direction to find that special pen. My mothers not too computer savvy and she still write everything down so a pen seems like a good idea, but which pen to get?

I would like to buy a pen which is of great brand and design but not knowing what that is I am going to be needing your help to find the perfect gift. I know my mother's favorite pens are fountain pens so I would like to get her the same type.

Which pen would you buy for a fountain pen lover?
Which pen would you buy your mother for her birthday?
Any site links or shopping advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Optimization.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There are a lot of good custom pen makers that belong to IAP that could make your mom a custom pen. Im sure your mom will appreciate any pen you get her, Brand name or custom made. YOu can Google these and many more of our members websites.
Carolina pen company, Scriptorium Pens, Gw pens, Richard Greenwald, Ryan Krusac studios, and dozens more.

E77

Thanks for the keywords to search I will get onto them right away and see what I can find

bmachin

I'm not trying to throw cold water on your idea at all, but some people are very particular about what they like in a fountain pen especially in terms of weight, size, and nib width. Other people can happily write with anything.

If your mother is in the first category, she will love the pen, but may never use it. My advice would be to buy from someplace that will allow returns if you don't like the way a pen writes.

As far as new pens go, both Anderson Pens and Goulet Pens will accept returns of pens that have been inked.

For vintage pens, you might look at Nibs.com and Penopoly.com. Both of these have been in the business for a long time. You will need to check on their return policies. There are many others as well.

No matter where you go, be sure to check return policies. I know for example, that Anderson Pens will charge a 20% fee if any returned pen has touched ink. I suspect that this is a rule with no exceptions, although the percentage may change.

Try googling fountain pens for Denver. I was out there a few years ago and one of the art supply stores had quite a good selection of medium to high end pens. Unfortunately, I can't remember which one it was.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Fish30114

I will add, that a lot of makers have a presence on Etsy. I think it's worth your time to go to Etsy and do a search for 'Custom Pens' I'm pretty sure this will give you a good bit of selection to look at--oh and unless you KNOW she wants a fountain pen, I would recommend a custom rollerball that floats your boat, You can find me and my partner on Penz Envy on Facebook

Top Bottom