Pedigree Woods and Italian Resins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaspar

When will their website be up? I tried to get on their newsletter and email list and can't. I'd like to see actual pictures of those Italian resins, and to be able to order online. Their forum said their online shop would open in June. What's up? Anyone know?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Try calling them, they have a toll free number. I got a Word document from someone, don't remember who, that shows the resins. If you want a copy send me an email.

baldysm

I got some of thier resins. I am VERY dissappointed. The blanks that they have look awesome in the PDF.

I ordered 5 different blanks, recieved 4 which are very different than the PDF images. The 5th is reasonably close.

I'll be returning them and likely wont order again until they have actual photos.

When I sent off an email asking about the differences, they sent me the following in response:

"My apologies Scott, It seems that the images in the catalog are mistaken. The effect was caused by scanning the material on a flat bed scanner. The light reflected in the material causing this effect. I am working on revising this mistake. You may return anything you do not want for a full refund. By all means, turn and polish the blank. Keep what you like, and return the rest."

Skye

I'd say that's as good of a responce as you can ask for. Too bad they didnt catch the problem earlier.

baldysm

What they advertised:
2006918223044_advertised.jpg

What I got:
2006918223132_actual.jpg

I have a hard time seeing the difference as a scanning problem, but that's me.

They did send me 3 samples as a result of a processing error on thier end. The samples are reasonably close to what they scanned.

The 4 pieces that I got that are close are 50093, 50095, 50092, and 50083.

I have no problem with the service I received, just the actual products.

cozee

I wish my scanner could do that! Think of what my pens would come out looking like!! But hey, they gotta blame it on something!!! Seems these days some people are just not willing to accept responsibility for thier mistakes.

Skye

Bahahahaaa! No way in h-e-doublehockeysticks is that a scanner problem. They sent either the wrong blanks or junk blanks. Considering the difference, I hope they comp you on shipping.

baldysm

I was pretty sure the problem wasn't a scanner issue. I don't know what the real story is. It may be one of those things that thier expectations weren't met either by thier supplier.

What's really amazing - Skye and I agree on something. :p

SteveRoberts

I happen to know the inside story on that. It IS a supplier issue, the picture is what their supplier sent them as a sample. When then got the actualy product it was a huge let-down for them. The service is excellent on returns and this issue only affects about 20% of the blanks, basically the swirls. The flecked ones all look EXACTLY like they should.

Steve

Skye

Originally posted by SteveRoberts
The service is excellent on returns and this issue only affects about 20% of the blanks, basically the swirls

Not to pour salt in the wound, but isnt a return ratio of 1/5 of their blanks pretty freakin high???

baldysm

Like I mentioned, the others that I got were pretty close to the actual blanks.

I'll drop them a note and see if I can exchange for other blanks.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I'd have leat trid.A rough cut blank won't look like much till it's polished.
I wouldn't expect them to polish blanks they are selling, would you?

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by Skye
<br />
Originally posted by SteveRoberts
The service is excellent on returns and this issue only affects about 20% of the blanks, basically the swirls

Not to pour salt in the wound, but isnt a return ratio of 1/5 of their blanks pretty freakin high???

It isn't a one-fifth return rate, it is a one-fifth problem rate, they got hosed by their supplier too. They were very up front with me about which ones were not as pictured. I am surprised he got any of the questionable blanks. Simple solution, return them. I have great luck with CSU but from time to time get lapis with no gold veining or turquoise with no black, they take them back with no problem. I have bought from all the suppliers we use, they all do a great job but on occasion there is an issue. Like the saying goes "behind every rolls royce dealership is a service department where they fix them".... service is the issue and there is no problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom