It pays to clean up...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

My wife is home on a "stay-cation" for a few weeks.
So, she volunteered me to clean up around here.

I have been gathering my pen & wood turning stuff into one area
for a few weeks now. There are some days I can do a lot, some days I can't hardly move at all. So, it takes me awhile to do most anything.
Anyway, I gathered up a bunch of pen blanks today & I found an envelope inside the box with the blanks.
Inside the envelope was 5 sets of bushings I had ordered & set aside.

I feel like it's Christmas Day here. I found stuff I forgot I had, and I found a ton of blanks to boot. I just have to get to feeling better so I can actually use some of my goodies.

If I ever get this house straightened out, it will be glorious to work in my tiny shop again. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Indeed I am happy about finding lost treasures.:)
I am not happy about the arthritis in my spine that robs me of my movement however. :frown:

Skie_M

Taking any fish oil or flax seed oil and glucosamine supplements?

My mom gets her glucosamine 750 // chondroitin 600 tablets through GNC, and they help her a good bit with joint pains.

leehljp

Member Liaison
It is certainly great when lost "new" items suddenly return from their hidden state! As you said, just like Christmas again.

IN 1996, I took quite a few 1/2" shaft carbide router bits for moulding back to Japan with me. Almost immediately after returning, our organization had some remodeling done on our Japanese home (for numerous cracks from the 1995 Kobe earthquake). My router bits disappeared. I hunted in my garage shop, every room in the house back and forth for several years. I just gave up and assumed that they were thrown out with cleaning when preparing for remodeling.

In 2002, I was in my study, and noticed something peculiar on a box with LP (33RPM) records in the closet. They had been there and taped since the remodeling. No big deal. I suddenly noticed on the side of the box the Japanese word dou-gu hand written. I am thinking 'Why in the world is "dou-gu" written on the side of the records box?" I knew that dou-gu was the word for "tools", but that was a records box for records that we collected in Japan. The box was about 2/3s full of records. I opened the box and there was a smaller box in it with my $400 worth of router bits!
CHRISTMAS, 6 years later!
One of the Japanese renovators had apparently done that and labeled the box as such. I had looked at that box dozens of times but never noticed the Japanese word for "tools" on it.

I experienced a couple of more "Christmas" times upon returning and finding tools that disappeared. One of my favorite measuring and marking tools was found back here when I thought it was lost in Japan. I had a Kreg Pocket Hole jig disappear after making a table for my daughter as a wedding gift in 1996. I found it in 2016 on a self behind a larger storage box. Ahh Christmas! That is what happens when working on two continents and having tools in both places.

Last edited:
Top Bottom