PayPal???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

On another forum someone asked if there are any pen turning suppliers that accept PayPal for payment. He did not get any answers so I thought I would put the question out here because this is a very active pen turning site and you people are always helpful. So the question is out there and thanks for the response.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leatherjunkie

i know that paypal makes it easier and safer to do business online. but i dont like using paypal because of their stand againest firearms.

they are owned by someone in california, think ebay and paypal merged together.

i just don't like doing business with companies that i know are supporting the anti firearms/anti 2nd amendment movement.

I am not saying dont use them, just be aware of what business's do with their profits.

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by jcollazo

And don't forget our Chinese friends, Xiamen Rizheng: http://www.penturningsuppliers.com/

Heh...just went snooping around that site.

I love the verbiage. From the sign-in page on, it makes for some interesting and humorous reading, if nothing else. The explanation on the start page telling why you need to create an account with them: "it needs register at first when you enter the website, it could only pass after get authorized." Well! Let that be a lesson to you! :D[:eek:)]

The welcome message: "Welcome you to visit Rizheng Retails Web! You could only enter our Web after our authorized! We usually auditing your informations within 8 hours."

Man, I hate getting audited. heh [:p]

Well, that's as far as I got. After spending all that time giving out my information to get a userid set up, my login won't go through. Many of you have asked about my website and why it's not up and running yet...here's a prime example of how to lose a customer because of web site woes. It's much better to not have anything there that remotely looks like it might work than something that forces people to waste time figuring out that it doesn't work. Maybe they run new user log ins through a batch process or something. I'll check back in a while.

All your base are belong to us!

bitshird

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Originally posted by jcollazo

And don't forget our Chinese friends, Xiamen Rizheng: http://www.penturningsuppliers.com/

Heh...just went snooping around that site.

I love the verbiage. From the sign-in page on, it makes for some interesting and humorous reading, if nothing else. The explanation on the start page telling why you need to create an account with them: "it needs register at first when you enter the website, it could only pass after get authorized." Well! Let that be a lesson to you! :D[:eek:)]

All your base are belong to us!
Sort of like "whats it gots in it's pocketses my precious" rather a Tolkien way of putting it

BigShed

I went through the log in experience with Rizheng, and had an answer within 4 hours.

Even though their use of the English language is "quaint", we should remember that if we wanted to put a website up in Cantonese most of us, especially me, would not get to first base.

English speaking people are amongst the worst in the world when it comes to being even mildly proficient in a second language.

I don't like creating a login before I can look at what someone has for sale, sort of like having to know the secret password before you can enter WalMart.

I did it in this case because I had bought some of their slimline kits from someone else and wanted to see what else they have available.

karlkuehn

Banned
heh...no disrespect intended, of course, but come on, that's just funny right there, I don't care who you am! I have worked with people of many different nationalities for many years, and we've all had a lot of fun (and frustration) dealing with the language barrier, theirs and mine. When I lived in Anchorage, I worked for a catering company where we worked in two-man teams, putting food on airlines. One of my partners was Filipino and later on, the other was Laotian. We spent many hours on the flight line waiting for delayed flights, and lemme tell you, those guys laughed as hard as I do at my attempts to learn their languages. Tagalog was a cinch to pick up, but Lao? Not on your life. I about swallowed my face. [:p]

I respect people's ability to speak more than one language...to a point. When someone makes a statement about people with English as a first language being poor at learning a second language, it irks me a little bit. Realistically, if Cantonese were the most prolific language on the planet, I'm sure most of us would be able to spout enough of a butchered version of it to sell products to Asia (where the world's most gluttonous market would be in this scenario), so it's not really raw ability that we're talking about, it's a circumstantial result.

So thank you are leaving me to alone and not to chastise us selves! :D

karlkuehn

Banned
Just for fun, I plugged "Stop picking on me for laughing" into babelfish, translated from English to traditional Chinese (#20572;#27490;#25505;#25688;#22312;#25105;#28858;#31505;! <- these are actually Chinese characters, but they don't show up here), and then back to English, and here's the result:

"Stops picking in me for smiles!" - Look familiar? With the Internet, not everyone has to be a bilingual genius to come up with pidgin translation.

You can't buy that kind of comedy! :D

Top Bottom