Patterns for future pens I want to do.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ted Sachs

Here are some of the patterns I want to wrap on certain pens. These would look so good, at least in my mind for now.

First for the Rising Phoenix pen by PSI

Second for the Southwest pen by PSI (there are two patterns for this one

Third for Faith Love pen by PSI

Fourth for now for the Knight's Armor pen by PSI done in a metallic thread like silver or gold and metallic blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ted Sachs

I wish I did. The only one I know of cost about $120 or so. I'm sure it's worth every penny of it too. These are some patterns that are public domain patterns that was shared by someone in the rod wrapping game. I get a couple a week from him. He sends me the pictures like this and most of the time the wrapping diagram. Some of them are easy enough to see the pattern, but it sure is nice not to have to think.

Ted Sachs

I think of it as a dress rehearsal for some really good kits when I can afford them. Just look at the WIP thread I have in blank casting on how many evolutions the Dragon pen has gone through for that blank. I'm on like the third or fourth version on that blank and I just started on version five, which should be the final version other than color changes.

thewishman

You have really come up with something so different that a great many of us are in awe of your work. Please take any advice that I or others may offer as a high compliment to your good work.

Ted, I think you may be underestimating your own work. I know you are at the beginning of learning about making pens and that it may seem a big step, you might consider having custom parts made for a complete pen of your own devising.

There are several members here that could custom make the parts, like those that are in kits, that would be unique and highlight your work, rather than a regular kit. That could put you on a path to making your own parts (it is not as intimidating as it sounds.)

Advice offering complete.:)

Those are totally wicked!

dthayer

Ted,

I think those are going to be awesome blanks on any kit but, as has been implied, they would be beautiful enough to stand up on their own without any additional bling (must admit, though, that I love the idea of that first one on the kit you suggested)!

Have you ever considered making blanks for sale? I can certainly understand if you didn't want to do that but I'm sure you'd be successful.

Ted Sachs

In regard to selling my blanks, my wife is starting a company that will be selling blanks that I donate to her exclusively to Classic Nibs. I will be announcing this officially as soon as I find out which forum page I should make that announcement. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention, the name y'all can look for for my blanks will be Wrapped Creations. As soon as possible I'll be shipping an order to him to start selling.

Ted,

I think those are going to be awesome blanks on any kit but, as has been implied, they would be beautiful enough to stand up on their own without any additional bling (must admit, though, that I love the idea of that first one on the kit you suggested)!

Have you ever considered making blanks for sale? I can certainly understand if you didn't want to do that but I'm sure you'd be successful.

Last edited:

alphageek

Former Moderator
I'm glad you're enjoying this! My 2 cents - I am torn by where you are headed... I don't think the more expensive kits are for sure the answer. I think most of them are too "gaudy" for your wraps. I think your wraps are going to look better on their own - theres too much work put into the wrapping, it should't get over shadowed by the kit! But to each their own!

Ted Sachs

I'm glad you're enjoying this! My 2 cents - I am torn by where you are headed... I don't think the more expensive kits are for sure the answer. I think most of them are too "gaudy" for your wraps. I think your wraps are going to look better on their own - theres too much work put into the wrapping, it should't get over shadowed by the kit! But to each their own!

I plan on making wraps for much better pens than the PSI stuff, but, having just started in pen making in general I didn't know about the better quality stuff. I saw the themes of these pens and knowing the patterns I have available saw how some would mesh with these pens. I have literally hundreds of patterns to wrap with these being some of the more simple wraps as far as wrapping goes. There are some very complex wraps that I plan on doing, but only for pens that will let me show that off and not be distracted by the pen itself. I had picked these pens not knowing about the others, and also to sell enough to build up some money to get something better to really show off with. Until I came here I had no idea what pen would work with that idea, but with help from people here and you I am learning more and more on a daily basis. These pens are to get me known to y'all more than anything. Well, that and to make enough money to actually do something with this. Right now I'm still knocking rust off of very old wrapping skills from many years ago. I'm also just learning casting and as nice as these patterns are, they are still pretty basic patterns with color twists to make them more attractive. I need something nice enough to sell and get noticed. I had no idea that the thread wrapping would be received the way it has here. I had assumed someone else was already doing this by now. I'm still in shock that y'all are as excited as y'all are over something that a very raw beginner, as far as pen making goes, has been making. I wanted to make sure people saw that there is something to wrapping pen tubes I guess.

Skie_M

In regard to selling my blanks, my wife is starting a company that will be selling blanks that I donate to her exclusively to Classic Nibs. I will be announcing this officially as soon as I find out which forum page I should make that announcement. :D

Edit: I forgot to mention, the name y'all can look for for my blanks will be Wrapped Creations. As soon as possible I'll be shipping an order to him to start selling.

You can make the announcement here, in Classic Nib's section of the Marketplace Forums.

Just make sure you view and understand the Marketplace rules! :)

I can't wait to see what magic you'll come up with ... And I'm sure there are those of us more than willing to take an uncast masterpiece and work with it from there!

jttheclockman

Ted I posted a couple thread weaving sites that may have some value to you in your other thread you have going. There is a place where you can try and build your own patterns. They also have a library of patterns. may want to join and ask them questions there.

You are going to do well in your new adventure and will be busy. Do not be afraid to charge good money because there is time involved. Take a look at the other artisans there and see what they are getting especially the "Watch part blanks" That is a pretty good comparison to time wise efforts. Good luck.

This one in particular

Thread Central - The VisualWRAP & VisualWEAVE Info Centre - Index

Last edited:
Top Bottom