patriot pen assembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I was wondering if when using some pen kits, does anyone use a dab of adhesive on the press fit tips or on the press fit portion of the twist top of this pen before assembly. I have had a few that I can pull apart by hand with very little effort. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:rolleyes::rolleyes: If you have a loose fit on some part of the pen, I see no problem with applying a spot of CA to keep it together as long as it dosn't interfear with changing the refill. At some point you will find yourself having to take a pen apart even if it is glued. There are kits of different size rods made for this and can be found at HF. Here are 2 methods I use. Put a dab of CA on the inside of the tube and let dry. Press the cap on. Or you can put the pen together a add a small amount of thin CA to the parts to hold them in place. I also use this method if I have a screw cap that keeps comming unscrewed. Jim S

greggas

I use red loctite on all my pens ....takes only a second and keeps from being embarrassed when a press fitting slips off in a clients hand.

Using Loctite instead of CA still allows disassembly if ever needed and also avoids any discoloration caused by CA off-gassing

Top Bottom