Parts storage box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
My LOML has been using one of these to keep bead craft type stuff in. I thought it would be great for storing pen parts like bushings and such. Each compartment locks individually so if you drop it you only loose the contents of 1 compartment. When I start turning different types of pens and have lots of different sized bushings, etc. I'd hate to have to mike a pile of stuff after spilling it (I can be clumsy) to get it sorted out again. I think they are about $7. Any opinions - comments - different suggestions [?]
It can be seen here http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=bd0049
George :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Interesting...I wish I had seen this before I went to Michael's today! [:)] I like the fact that the compartments lock individually.

Daniel

The only problem I see is how it would store. if layed flat on a shelf with several stacked up it might get troublesome looking through them for the set of bushings you want. you could try to keep like sets of bushings together say, americana and European. or Ballpoint pens, and Rollerball or something like that just to shorten up the search some. looks like it would work great for keeping everything in it's place though. and portable. for me right now that is a biggie. I am moving my stuff back and forth over a 20 span with those little hardware drawers. the only thing that saves me is I keep my bushings in there little bags as well.

rtjw

I use a tackle box from walmart. I put bushings and drill bits and pen extras in the trays and pen kits in the bottom. I have over 50 pen kits stored in it right now and can fit about 30 more.

Thanks for the replies. I'm using a shoe box to store bushings and bits & pieces in now so I think I'll try one. When I fill it up and need more I guess I'll stack them. If that doesn't work out well my wife will have that many more for her beads and stuff and I'll have to rethink the whole thing.
George

dubdrvrkev

I found a b&d case at HD that has four smaller cases inside it. I have a seperate case for different pen types. I keep the bushings, kits, bushing for barrel trimmer, and anything else I need in each case. I have a seperate on that I have all my slimline stuff and mandrel in.
I can't find a link to it anywhere. But it works pretty well, now I just need to come up with something for my blanks, and for my chuck and jaws.

Queso

I was using one of the tackle box style boxes from Home Depot (only $2!) but I found that the parts were sometimes getting scratched. So, I bought some long pegboard hooks, and just started hanging the individual kit bags on a pegboard. Works just as well.

MDWine

Went to WalMart looking for these boxes, all they had were some with large and small compartments in them. I'm still looking, but meanwhile bought those stackable drawer units, 3 drawers to each box, got 4 boxes! One kit type in each drawer, one for paperwork... the only problem is where to stack them! I'm building a wall shelf for the boxes and blanks... pictures to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom