Parker refills with Berea kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewishman

I have had several complaints (and it happened to me too) with the cigar pen refills lasting only a few days or weeks before they run dry.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I put Parker gel refills in the last batch of chrome cigars and several of them barely fit. Some were tight at the nib and some were too tight at the end with the transmission.

Any recommendations on the best Parker-style refills?

Chris

Randy_

Chris: I can't offer any insight on how long the kit refills last; but the "fit" issue has been discussed before.

Short answer is that old Parker refills had a tip that was a few thousandths larger than the generic ones and sometimes would not fit thru the nib without opening up the hole a little. It has been reported that Parker has recently reduced the size of the tip of their refills just a hair so the problem may not be as prevalent as it used to be. OTOH, with all of the new platings that are coming out, there seem to be some QC problems to the point where even the kit refills won't fit properly....presumed to be due to excessively thick plating.

You need to test every pen you make that uses the Parker refill to be sure it works with the kit refill and with a Parker-brand refill. And even then you may get "skunked" occasionally if you test your pens with a "new" Parker refill and then your customer goes out and has the misfortune to purchase one of the old-style refills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom