Parker refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
I know the discussion has come up before but I can't seem to find the answer now so. Where is a good source of QUALITY parker style refills? The ones I that came with the pens and the refills I bought are junk in my opinion. They will write good for a couple of weeks then stop writing like they've run out of ink. Then a few hours later they work again. For the past several weeks I've been swapping the same two refills in my pen. When one stops working I just put the one in I took out the day before and I'm good to go.

And no it isn't just a bad batch as I've taken the refills out of several different kits from several different companies as well as some refills I bought and I had the same problem with ALL of them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

I can relate to that too! Ive had to swap out refills for two customers in the past week. I too like the gels but I'll check back to see if there's any other help.

BruceA

I have been testing different Parke-style refills out for a few months and have some quick suggestions.
Sources:
Penworks.us by Anthony Turchetta - has Visconti refills
Go-Authentic.com
Passion4Pens.com

A great gel ink refill I've found is the Schmidt 8900 Super Bowl Roller for $3.95. Super smooth writing and very black ink.

Both Schmidt and Schneider have multiple styles of ballpoint and gel rollers, and would be worth the time to sample their products to see which one you like best.

Another good one to try is the Fisher Space Pen refills. They are ballpoints, but have pressurized ink and have compelling consistency.

This particular area of pen-making is one of those details that I feel can make a major difference in the value perception to the end user. A quality ink cartridge can turn a great looking pen into a fantastic pen just because of the actual writing experience.

A standard Parker gel refill is readily available for $4.95, and is a good upgrade. I recommend the Schmidt 8900 Super Bowl Roller, though, as a standout performer for smoothness and consistent black ink, and worth the pursuit to find online.

Bruce in TN.

Chasper

I bought an assortment of roller ball, and ball point refills from Pendemonium http://www.pendemonium.com/ and I'm still testing them. I've only been using it for a month, but I'm happy with the Visconti roller ball replacement ($5).

Pendemonium also sells Pelikan ($7.30). Do the Pelikan RB refills work as a Hauser replacement? What about Lamy? Can they be used as a Hauser replacement?

Top Bottom