Parabolic Fluted Drill Bits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlh

I am trying to obtain an 8mm parabolic fluted drill bit like the bits Berea sells. Unfortunately Berea does not sell a pen which uses an 8mm bit so they do not sell an 8mm bit. Does anyone have a source for this type and size bit?
Berea does sell a letter "O" bit which has a decimal equivalent of .3160. An 8mm bit measures .3150. Will the "O" bit work just as well or will it be to large and cause problems with the pen tube?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryannmphs

Richard,
I don't think that it should be a problem. One question is what type of glue are you using to glue in your tubes? With the little extra room in there you might need to use something like poly glue so that it expands to fill the gap.

Just my opinion and I could be totally wrong [:D]

Ryan

rlh

Originally posted by ryannmphs
<br />Richard,
I don't think that it should be a problem. One question is what type of glue are you using to glue in your tubes? With the little extra room in there you might need to use something like poly glue so that it expands to fill the gap.

Just my opinion and I could be totally wrong [:D]

Ryan

Ryan,
I will be using epoxy glue. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

M

Mudder

You won't have any problem with the "O" bit. .001 larger is insignifigant for drilling a pen (in my humble opinion)

johnhart

Yeah...I have to agree. .001 spread over a diameter is insignificant, and probably more conducive to an even glue distribution. Aerospace has looser tolerances than that![:)]

Fred in NC

Lou, I have recently started switching over to using Norseman bits. They are made for use with very tough hardened materials. They cut like butter, and should last a long time. Not expensive in the long run.

rlh

I already have an 8mm Norseman bit from Arizona Silhouette but I find using the parabolic fluted bits that I have from Berea affords much better chip clearance. Thanks for all the help. As usual you members have come through again! Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom