Paper towel?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevej72

I put together this cigar pen tonight and when I pressed the nib adapter into the barrel a small piece of paper towel got pressed in with it. How to I get it apart enough to pull the paper out?

Thanks, Steve

20065164306_Chechen%20cigar%20satin%20nickle.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Unscrew the parts from both ends of the bottom piece. Use as large a transfer punch that will pass through the opposite end. I then hold the pen and punch in hand and drive them onto my workbench thus driving the end out to top. Hope that all made sense.

Brian

Pipes

yap wack it with a punch it a come right out ! I takem apart a LOT LOL and the nib IMO is the simple one it normaly a come right off easy I use a wooden mallet to wack the punch ! But I have used any kind a hammer !! Prefer the wood mallet duno why !!! If ya got a air compressor I normaly blow out everthing befor assembly and use a gun cleanning brush !! solves MOST a those kina problems IMO...
I know a LOT a guys don't have the air compressor but if you can get one in your shop with some tools for it you will LOVE it I never been without one duno what I would do without one !! its as IMPORTANT as my lathe and bandsaw for me...Iam all the time reaching for the blow gun for somthing !! But like I said a good one is expensive thou a smaller one can be had a Sears for about 200 bucks that a do the job in a small shop just fine but there noisy when they kick on ! But then they don't kick on much !!

http://affordablepipes.com/

opfoto

Not to hijack this thread but what if you put the wrong parts on the wrong barrel? I put the trim ring and the black plastic ring together on the same barrel as the nib. (cigar) I tried to use a punch. I'll post a pic later if needed. I am beginning to think that I may have to write this one off to the learning curve. TIA

gerryr

Marc,
You should still be able to take it apart. Just use a transfer punch to remove the nib first, without unscrewing it. Then use the biggest punch that will slip into the tube to remove the other part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom