Paper Pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I know I'm new, but I have always been one to jump in over my head! I'm going to try to make a pen out of paper. I've cut regular copy paper into 3/4" squares then glued them up using CA glue. Once it cures, I plan to drill a hole through the middle, then fill with CA again, then turn...I'll let you know how it turns out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mac

I made a pen using colored copy paper ,cut in different shape strips and put on blank one or three at a time ,until built up ,covered with ca finish ,my wife loved it.
I think I will carry this over to casting, when I start. Putting the layers on by hand takes to long.
Paper is just wood. I am also going to use some ,for veneers in segmented turning,as veneers cost so much. I think it will work.

low_48

I hope the drilling goes well. I would have been tempted to use a punch and glue up around a tube. I've drilled paper a couple of times, but not soaked with CA. Micarta is another material that uses paper, linen, and other fabrics. Might give you some inspiration, not that seems to be needed.

Alright guys, here it is. I call it Bumble Bee. Picture didn't turn out so good, but I like the way the pen turned out. It's a combination of Yellowheart, white copy paper, and brown matte board. BLO and CA finish to 12000.

Attachments

• Pen 5 - Bumble Bee (yellow heart and paper).jpg
    Pen 5 - Bumble Bee (yellow heart and paper).jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 266

jttheclockman

Yes you need to give us a close-up. Looks like it turned out well. Was there any complications??? Does this lead to other ideas??? I seen somewhere here a person do a pen from cardboard but I could not find it. Thanks for showing. Nice work.

Top Bottom