Panache pen??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

How do I stop these ideas from popping into my head??? I need help fast. :biggrin:

I saw on the news the other day something about being able to live to 120 will become the norm. Have plenty of time:biggrin:

hcpens

SO does that mean at 119, I only have a year to go? My math is a little rusty lately and I am not even sure what year it is.

CREID

SO does that mean at 119, I only have a year to go? My math is a little rusty lately and I am not even sure what year it is.

Actually counting the time it took you to write the post you have a few minutes less than a year.:biggrin:

magpens

John, I think that such a pen would look good. You make it square cross section, turn it to cylindrical and then taper it. The sizes of the herringbone elements will decrease as you taper in proportion to the radius. I think it would look great !

Mortalis

I just ordered two kits of the Panache. Their page specifies the blank to be minimum 1" x 1" x 6". I've been looking at blanks at various sites and all that I looked at seem to be 3/4" x 3/4" x 5-1/2". The kit finishes at 13/16" x 5-1/4".
How do I find blanks that will satisfy the minimum size requirements so that if the center hole is not exactly in the center I will not run out of material?

magpens

I just ordered two kits of the Panache. Their page specifies the blank to be minimum 1" x 1" x 6". I've been looking at blanks at various sites and all that I looked at seem to be 3/4" x 3/4" x 5-1/2". The kit finishes at 13/16" x 5-1/4".
How do I find blanks that will satisfy the minimum size requirements so that if the center hole is not exactly in the center I will not run out of material?

The segmented blanks made by Joe Schneider and sold on ExoticBlanks are quite big and many are larger than 1". . I would suggest being careful in your selection though ... some of the styles have a central hexagonal rod (I am thinking of the "brick" design) which would become exposed when you turn the tapers for the Panache.

Last edited:
Top Bottom