Panache drill sizes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I just got my first panache kits recently. Unless I'm just blind or can't read, the instructions read that the supplies you need are a 13/32" and a 12.5mm drill bit, but then they don't say which bit for which part of the pen. I'm assuming it's like the baron where you use one size for each of the two parts? So can anyone tell me which bit you use for the top/cap end and which for the bottom/nib end?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pipes

does what tube goes were help any ?? maybe they say it there I duno never done one a these yet !!I have found info on pen instructions in strange places a LOT a time they assume to much IMO .But most a the time it can be figured out fairly easy but then now and then its a PITA problem and you wana take a hammer to the writer[:(!] LOL !!

http://affordablepipes.com/

mick

Angela, the larger bit, 13/32 is for the shorter tube which makes the cap of the pen. The 12.5 mm is for the pen body , or the longer tube.

Take a look at this:
<u>http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/pdf/panache_pen.pdf</u>

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
13/32" is smaller than 12.5mm (see the drill bit size charts). With that information, it should be apparent that the long skinny tube, and thus the long skinny blank, uses the 13/32" bit. With that piece of information in hand, the 12.5mm bit is used for the short, fat tube and blank. [8D]

mick

Lou, did I ever goof! ....I read my chart wrong! Oh the pain , how will I ever live this down [B)]
Angela pay no attention to the man behind the keyboard!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom