Panache drill bit sizes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

I'm trying to figure out which drill bits to use for a panache pen. The larger part, according to the directions, uses a 12.5 mm bit. But I don't seem to have a drill bit that size. I know I've made panache pens before, so I obviously used something to drill out the blank. I don't know if in my move I've misplaced something or if there was another bit I was using, and I can't seem to find any info anywhere to guide me. (I have notes on other pen kits when I use a size other than the instructions quote.) Anyone know where my drill bit might be? If there's a different sized one that people typically use, I may be able to find it in my stash of bits...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

...Anyone know where my drill bit might be...
No comment!![:D]

Angela: According to the information I have been given for the Pen Reference Chart, the large tube of the Panache measures 0.480" OD. If that is correct, then a 31/64" drill bit should work although it may be a little snug. A 31/64" bit is 0.4844" in diameter and only 0.0044" over tube diameter. Most kits for which I have information run about 0.006" to 0.011" over. If the hole is snug, you may have to run the drill in and out a couple of times to get a little more clearance. Drill a 31/64" hole in a wood scrap and see if it will work for you. Good luck.

mick

Angela if you're using an acrylic blank and are going to paint it the 1/2" bit will allow you to paint the tubes as well as the inside of the blank. This is what I do with all the Panache I need to paint the insides of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom