Panache cap threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Allen

Can someone confirm this or tell me what I am missing?
Looking at the setup for the panache kit, the threads on the inside of the cap coupler are set way into the end. It seems to me that to put it together as instructed, there would only be about half of the threads engaged.
I took some measurements as shown below and it seems that they would line up about as shown.
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Threads.jpg
    Threads.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 78
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I just made 3 Panaches. This is how they look after assembled. Not sure if this will help. I made 3 of them just following the instructions to the letter with no problems
Hope this helps

Attachments

• Pens 199.jpg
    Pens 199.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Pens 203.jpg
    Pens 203.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 110

Dale Allen

If you would, please measure the distance the cap travels when the threads engage and compare that to the length of the threaded section on the inner barrel.

When you assemble the pen leave the top off of the cap and if the threads don't engage you will have to use a punch and push the plastic section in the cap down. It's not hard to do. I've had a few kits I've had to do that with.

If you would, please measure the distance the cap travels when the threads engage and compare that to the length of the threaded section on the inner barrel.

The travel is 5mm. At this moment I don't have the means to measure the threaded section because I am not near my shop. I can tell you that I can make a one and half turn to the cap to have it fully closed, and that seems to be more than enough.

Dale Allen

Christopher, there is a shoulder on the insert and pressing it back out would not do any good. It would just look funny and work the same way.

Ulises, thank you for checking. I agree that the threads seem to engage enough. Mine moves just a bit more than that because I modified the hardware. I get about 3/4 of a turn. Still, it seems like all of the threads should be used to take full advantage of the strength and longevity of the hardware.
BTW, I really like that segmenting work on those pens, very nicely done.
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Dale

Last edited:
Top Bottom