Paints/Tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Irish Pat

What is the best way of painting the tubes with different colours.I intend using acrylic craft paint.What is the best process for suggest?When should I ruff down tube,put paint on and CA on,in what order is best.I see many also paint the inside of the blank.Some of my pens are ok,others are not.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

I like to ruff my tube down & then apply my acrylic paint. I just use q-tips to rub paint on. I can also use the q-tips to paint the inside of my blanks.

walshjp17

I use model paint (Testor's) and just paint the drilled out holes and then I mix a few drops of the paint into the epoxy when I glue the tubes in.

longbeard

I use testors paints. When i paint the tubes, ruff them up then i put the tubes on an old mandrel, lathe on lowest speed and brush on an even coat let set til next day. I ise q-tip to paint the inside of the blank. Just my way of doing it. Hope it helps.

Irish Pat

Do I need acrylic based paint or acrylic water based paint?Where can I get it in the Ireland,UK or the USA?

ugrad

Do I need acrylic based paint or acrylic water based paint?Where can I get it in the Ireland,UK or the USA?

I'm sure you can search where to get acrylic paint in Ireland. Water based is fine, I have even used the Poundland acrylic paint without any problems. But there are plenty of more expensive outlets for you to try. Have a look on ebay.

Regards
Peter

Top Bottom