Painting pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

This is probably a "finishing topic" topic but I ain't no Einstein so here is my misplaced question anyway;
A while ago I saw some photographs posted of pens that had pictures painted on them, like flowers and that kind of stuff. I have been attempting to do some pen painting and would like to see other stuff and perhaps learn a trick or two from you pen painters. Does anyone know any of the people that do that kind of thing?
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Hi

Check this post, it has some painted paint from Dcbluesman.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19388&SearchTerms=one,stroke

And his mentor is, Janet Smith user name JSSMITH3. She make great works. Many of us dreams of getting Janet as their partner in a pen in the hat event [:D]

Do a search in Janet photo album and you will be amazed about her work.

Hope this help you.

Alfred

Jamie

<b>OH MY GOD!</b> Did you see those prices that guy is asking at the Paintedpen. Of course you can ask anything, getting the cash in your hand is the tough part.

Alexander

Barry is quite accomplished and has published a couple of books, " Learning to Turn " is one that I bought last year from woodcraft. He is also an IAP member, he isnt that active on the forum, but maybe we could take a lesson or two on selling our pens for big bucks. I am sure Ed's one of a kind paintings set his pens apart from the rest. I guess you cant put a price on art!

Jamie

I'm sorry, it was indiscreet of me talking about the prices of the pens at thepaintedpen. I hope I didn't offend anyone, I was just shocked that a pen could cost that much. They are beautiful works of art. My apologies to the artist.
Jamie

FYI, the grape pen was mine, I'm honored you should remember it.

txcwboy

"A pen will command the price that you believe it is worth"

I believe its more a Pen will command what someone is willing to pay for it not what YOU think its worth. I can stick $4000.00 on a maple 10k slim pen but that doesnt mean its worth that or that it would ever sell.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom