Painting the inside of blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewmeister35

I drilled a bunch of blanks for perfume pens and painted them with testers model paint. Haven't had a problem before but the pain I WAS using before this time was their acrylic paint. This time it was black enamel. I let it dry overnight and epoxied in the morning. 5 hours later, I'm turning it and the blank starts spinning and wet paint comes out the ends. It seems that the enamel never dried. I've seen different people here say they use enamel or acrylic. Any clue what happened here? Should I only use acrylic paint?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

I use acrylic craft paint exclusively to paint the insides of my blanks and my tubes also. I use a Q-tip to paint inside the blanks. I normally let the paint dry over night. I use thick CA to glue all my tubes in and have yet to have a problem with glue or paint not drying. and I've glued and turned an hour later! I've also never experienced the acrylic paint wrinkling or reacting with the CA. I know some have had these problems and I'm probably inviting disaster by bragging but just wanted to share my experiences [:D]
The only problem I've had is I've had to adjust some of my drill bit sizes to accommodate the two layers of paint but it's worth it to paint both tube and inside of blank

keapople

So will the little square bottles of Testors enamel not work with CA?

I bought some yesterday...

Kirby

mick

Let me give another reason I use acrylic craft paint. Two words...WATER CLEANUP....lol
Seriously Kirby use what works for you. I've used spray Testors before with good results. Try different things cause some things will work for some folks that won't work for others...weird huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom