painting the brass tubes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyTn

I sometimes use resin blanks that can be translucent. I've heard about painting the brass tubes so that the brass doesn't spoil the look by showing through the blank. Can I use ca glue or would epoxy be better to glue the blanks on if I paint the brass tubes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cowchaser

What I have been doing and read it on these forums is painting the inside of the blank. What it does is basically covers the tubes from showing, plus any glue bubbles (they are all hidden behind the painted blank basically). I also epoxy them in. I had 2 failures on the tubes using CA for some reason and decided to just use epoxy and not push it. Hope that helps.

OKLAHOMAN

I use CA to glue in all my tubes except...see there is always an exception...when glueing in tubes into a translucent or clear acrylic such as cactus.Then I use epoxy and paint the insides of the blank and the tubes.
I also tint the epoxy with the same paint as I use to paint the blank and tube.The reason for tinting the epoxy is so you won't see the glue as its the same color as the tubes.

Rudy Vey

Paint both inside of blank and outside of tube with Testor model paint and use epoxy glue (5 min). I believe it is more important that the blanks inside is good covered with paint.

Chasper

I don't paint either the tube or inside of the blank. I mix the paint (Testors) in with the epoxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom