Painting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dartman

Has anyone here tried painting a blank?I was thinking on turning a blank down to size and then painting and using a CA finish to seal it.Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I remember something like what you describe. A fellow had his wife do the painting and sealed it with CA like you described. I just for the life of me can't remember who it was.

Joey-Nieves

Has anyone here tried painting a blank?I was thinking on turning a blank down to size and then painting and using a CA finish to seal it.Thoughts?

Yes It can be done as you, but you most seal it with thin CA first so you won't rub it off the paint when your applying it.
you can also apply dye to the blank and use different colors to create effects, I dye with stabilizing fluid in a vacuum and sometimes there isnt much difference, except for the stabilizing.
"Discovery requires experimentation." ―Werner Reinhardt aka Daniel Whitehall HYDRA

gbpens

Painting on a brass tube (3D) and clear casting is not the same as a flat canvas. The clear cast has a tendency to make the horizontal dimension appear longer than it is (optical illusion). Elongating the vertical portion of the image may be necessary to keep the proportions looking right.

Top Bottom